How can we help?
- Are you struggling to study or work?
- Feeling stressed, anxious, depressed, upset?
- Dealing with family or relationship issues?
- Anything else you're worried about?
Come and speak to us!
We provide a free and confidential service to all students and staff of the University of Bradford and students of Bradford College. In addition to counselling, we offer a range of support including self-help materials and wellbeing workshops.
We are completely independent of your academic studies or workplace and do not share information with staff in these areas.
We offer initial appointments and drop-in sessions to give clients the opportunity to get immediate support and to explore how further counselling may be of benefit.
Register with the Counselling Service.
To book appointment with a counsellor please register with us initially. Alternatively ring, text or email us (see details at the bottom of the page).
Once we receive your online registration we will contact you within 2 working days. If you do not hear back from us, it is possible we did not receive your form. If this is the case, please either re-submit the form or contact the service directly.
For a brief session with a counsellor without the need to book an appointment please attend a Drop-in appointment. Student Drop-in is at 13:45 and 14:15 every week day in term time. These appointments are first come, first served.
If you need help now:
- contact your own GP (doctor)
- in a mental health crisis, call Bradford NHS First Response 01274 221181. A telecoach will answer and quickly assess your needs, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- visit the Accident and Emergency (A & E) department of your nearest hospital
- call NHS choices 111 or visit their website NHS 111 service
- call the Samaritans (24 hour national helpline) 116 123 or visit the Samaritans website
- text Shout to 85258 - 快三助手首页giveusashout.org: free 24/7 text service for anyone in crisis
- University security: (01274 23) 8888 or non-emergency 6999
- College security: 01274 433090 or in an emergency dial 555 from a college phone
University of Bradford Counselling Service
Student Central Level 01
University of Bradford
Tel: 01274 235750